This is the launch of TWO wishlists/fundraisers to help our unhoused community!
Survival Gear Fundraiser Campaign:
We are collecting survival gear to make sure our community without housing is safe, secure, and comfortable as best as possible, but especially to keep folks warm during the winter.
You can donate used or new items or money so we can purchase used or new items.
We also appreciate your help in communicating with anyone who can help us such as a business you are affiliated with or have connections with which sells items in our wishlist.
With the persistent and cruel sweeps of people without housing, often during which people’s property gets stolen by Denver Police and Denver City employees with a low possibility of ever seeing their belongings again, there needs to be a place to retrieve new survival gear. Many items which are taken are irreplaceable, however at Denver Homeless Out Loud, we believe that everyone deserves the Right to Rest and Right to Survive, so that is why we are launching this ongoing survival gear donation campaign.
We are also working to end these sweeps through a critical class-action lawsuit against Denver with the help of Civil Rights Attorney Jason Flores-Williams. We are continuing to push for the repeal of the Urban Camping Ban and for the passage of the Homeless Bill of Rights, as well as, working to create the first tiny-home village in Denver to house people without housing who have little to no income.
- Sleeping bags (ideally low temperature ones)
- Sleeping pads/yoga mats
- Socks (the warmer the better; wool is great!)
- Boots (all sizes)
- Insulated/water proof winter coats
- Thermal/wool/insulating undershirts/long johns (all sizes)
- Hats, scarves, gloves, mittens
- Hand and foot warmers (HotHands, Grabber, etc.)
- Thermoses/insulated mugs
- Personal-sized first aid kits
- Cough drops, cold medication, pain relievers
- Toilet paper
- Reusable water bottles
- Individual hand sanitizers/hand wipes
- Microfiber/absorbent towels
- Female hygiene products (Diva Cups, tampons, pads)
- Trash bags
Technology Gear Fundraiser Campaign:
We are collecting technology gear to more effectively document the sweeps and mistreatment of people without housing, as well as, to strengthen our media capabilities and create a more sustainable and accessible Get Loud Media Platform.
We want to create a library where folks who don’t have access to technology can get trained and then check out equipment to use to document the persistent harassments, but also their perspectives and experiences with being unhoused.
We want to amplify the voices of those who are constantly being told to “move along” and we want to share the knowledge we have about media and technology with those who want it to help us in our mission.
You can donate used/new gear or money so we can purchase used/new gear. Please make sure to contact us before donating technology equipment to check if we still need it (having many people wanting to donate is amazing, however we want to make sure people aren’t donating more than we need or have space for). Thanks 🙂
- DSLR Cameras (preferably ones good at filming with low light/nighttime)
- High quality compact video cameras
- Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards (preferably higher than 16 GB)
- Go Pros with accessories
- Lavalier microphones
- External microphones
- Video editing software for PC and Mac (preferably Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro)
- Smart phones (with or without data plans) for video capabilities
- Waterproof and compact Solar Charger Kits (at least 6 Watts)
- Portable phone chargers
- Lights for filming at night/low light
- External hardrives (at least 1TB)
- Camera batteries
- Camera cases (preferably water proof)
- Energizer Recharge Power Plus NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries
- Battery charger
You can drop the items off at our office located at 2260 California Street, Denver, CO 80205 Monday through Friday during the hours of 2-5pm. If it is a large drop-off, and/or a technology gear drop-off, please call the office at 720-940-5291 to check for our current needs and to make arrangements.
If you want to send us a check or money order, please send to:
Denver Homeless Out Loud, 2260 California Street, Denver, CO 80205