The Denver City Council Health, Safety, Education & Services Committee met on October 9, 2012 to receive an update on the implementation of the “Urban Camping” Ban. The committee was briefed by the following city employees:
- Bennie Milliner, Denver’s Road Home
- Chief Quinones, Denver Police Department
- Commander Lopez, Denver Police Department
- Officer Parks, Homeless Outreach Officer
The meeting was attended by the following City Councilmembers: Susan K. Shepherd (District 1), Chris Nevitt (District 7), Albus Brooks (District 8), Judy H. Montero (District 9), Jeanne Robb (District 10), Robin Kniech (At Large) and Deborah (Debbie) Ortega (At Large).
Watch Committee Meeting
- Denver ban cuts camping in city: But homeless advocates say shelters are already at capacity as colder weather returns, Denver Post